BY ELIZABETH ANN MORRIS
Is your life simple or complex? What would your answer be? Creating simplicity in your life is something you may aspire to, but have yet to achieve.
Intrinsic within the ancient culture of Greece is the virtue of simplicity. Ancient Greek philosophers praised simplicity. This may be why it is still visible in the Greek way of life. Perhaps this is why so many people return again and again to Greece. A panacea for a lifestyle fraught with surviving in a world of stress and conflict.
There are many ways to simplify your life, however if you start from the premise you are very busy and life is a challenge then you will not have the real formula to succeed. You can strip your life back to basics – but if these are built on expectations of what you are trying to achieve rather than the expression of your true soul purpose; simplicity will become mundane and boring instead of being joyous.
Simplicity is not created in the mind. It is created in your heart. The mind can take action, based on what your heart knows is right for you. Your heart is the bridge to your higher self (or soul). Your soul holds the wisdom and truth of who you are and what you are here to achieve in this lifetime. It pulses down light into your heart, gently reminding you that you are a unique being with a special purpose to fulfil in the evolution of our planet.
Yet the ego mind is alluring – it pulls us away from our heart centre into complex materialistic expectations of life and how it should be. It offers us a myriad of choices in everything. This in turn creates conflict. What if we make the wrong decision? Life then becomes stressful.
Recent global events are a divine opportunity for us to take a step back from our current reality and to review what we valued in life. However, for many this was a mind rather than heart exercise which has resulted in high levels of conflict and fear.
Our heart continuously calls us back to simplicity of soul expression. Your soul wants to express its truth, it’s compassion and its wisdom through you. Young children remember this – watch them play and you will see soul expression in action. Nature is another cue to the harmony and beauty of life.
If you are called to simplify your life here is a visualisation that can help.
A notebook and pen will be useful to record your insights.
- Find a comfortable space where you will not be disturbed. Gently close your eyes, place your hands on your heart centre and focus on your breath for a few moments.
- Start to quietly hum …………….and sense the vibration in your heart and your body…… repeat this hum 11 times – or longer if it feels right
- Send this energy down through your feet and imagine you have roots growing down from your feet ….. flowing into the centre of the planet
- Connecting you to Mother Earth and all the ancient wise beings who walked on this planet before you……
- Let this connection flow up into your heart …..
- Then sense the vibration flowing up from your heart through your crown to your soul chakra……uniting you with your divine purpose
- As you breathe let this light fill your body ……..
- Call in your angels and guides if this feels right…..
- Start humming again ………for a few moments …..
- Now focus on what is precious to you ……..
- Stay quiet…… and notice what you sense and feel
- When you are ready deepen your breathing, feel your feet firmly on the floor and open your eyes. Drink some water
Take the time to reflect and record your experience in your notebook. Pay attention to what is precious to you. Everything you do should be in harmony with this. The deeper your understanding of your soul self the easier it is to simplify and let go all that does not serve you.
Take the time to visit your heart centre every day and attune to the truth of who you are. Then you will see the world through the eyes of your soul.
All will be clear all will be simple and all will bring harmony peace and joy. Then when you return to Greece you will taste the nectar of life even more.
Elizabeth Ann Morris is a worldwide spiritual teacher, writer and healer. She has dedicated the last 30 years to exploring and developing workshops seminars and teaching programmes which empower people to find the true meaning and purpose of life.
Her first taste of Greece was in 2010 when she came to dliver workshops and healing sessions.
Book a Session with Elizabeth Ann now on her site Sacred Oracle Teachings